Monsters' Ink is Located in Medicine Hat Alberta Canada, and was opened by owner artists Monty and Leslie Ricken in 2007. Monsters' Ink offers a safe clean professional and friendly environment going above and beyond the minimum Health-board requirements. Using state of the art equipment, products and procedures our clients experience less pain and typically faster then average healing time. All our artists are Certified in Bloodborne Pathogens and Sterilization. Our award winning shop will help make your tattoo dreams reality.
Please take the time to view all of our artists portfolios and see new work being produced on our facebook page. Each artist has an album, and even if you are not of Facebook you have the ability to view our business page. Also check out Monty Rickens or Lesile Rickens work on Instagram.
If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment please call 403 580 2607 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org. We are located at 609 Kingsway Ave SE
Shop PoliciesBooking an appointment
Once you have decided what you would like to have tattooed and which artist you would like to book with, drop by the shop or phone to book your appointment. We do recommend having a good idea of what you would like to have tattooed and reference images are always a good idea to communicate your thoughts. You must be a minimum of 18 years to get tattooed. Minors have to be accompanied by a legal guardian in order to be tattooed, this requires matching ID's or proof of guardianship. Minimum age is 16 and we reserve the right to refuse service.Deposits
Deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, if you are not ready to get tattooed don't book an appointment
- Deposits are required at the time of booking and can range from $50-$200 depending on amount of time booked. We can take a deposit in person or will accept credit card over the phone for our out of town clients.
- We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-book your appointment, we allow you to re-book once without loosing your deposit.
- You need to re-book your appointment at the time of cancelling, or you will loose your deposit.
- If you can not make it to your appointment or do not show up, you will loose your deposit.
- Deposits and Appointments are Non-transferable
- Be aware of your personal hygiene, you are in close proximity to your artist.
- Make sure you eat, having a full stomach can help you with the endurance of your tattoo and minimize the effects of being tattooed.
- You will be given a 15 minute grace period on the day of your appointment, otherwise you will be considered a no show and loose your deposit.
- If you show up with no ID we will not be able to tattoo you and you will loose your deposit.
- Do not bring your children to your tattoo appointment, it is not an appropriate environment and we are not babysitters
- Refrain from using your cell phone, it isn't necessary and you move more than you think while checking it. It will directly compromise the outcome of your tattoo.
- Wash your hands before touching your tattoo! Remove bandage after 12-24 hours or the next morning.
- Wash thoroughly with an antibacterial soap and luke warm water. Work up a lather on the skin with your finger tips, take care to remove any plasma or debris that has settled on the surface of the skin.
- Pat it dry with a clean towel (do not rub it), let air dry for five minutes.
- Apply a thin amount of ointment, it should just barley get shinny.
Repeat this process three times a day until the tattoo starts to dry. This generally takes 1-3 days depending on the tattoo and individual healing.
*Once it is not a wet wound, you can start washing it twice and day and switch to a water based moisturizer (such as H2O or Lubriderm). Continue this for the remainder of the healing time, about 10-20 days.
ADDITIONAL HEALING INFORMATION
- Avoid soaking your tattoo, no baths hot tubs, pools, quick cool showers is fine Avoid sun, and tanning your tattoo. For longevity of your tattoo be diligent with sunscreen.
- Avoid picking or scratching
- Do not re-bandage for any reason.
- Avoid tight clothing that can rub and irritate your tattoo
- A tattoo is an open wound; do not allow your tattoo to come in contact with pets and or other human bodily fluids or pathogens.
- Tattoo's need to be fully healed before they can be touched up
- Touch ups need to be booked within six months of receiving your tattoo, there is a $20 set up fee required at the time of booking.
- We do not guarantee hands, or feet if they require touch ups you will be charged by time.
If there are any questions or concerns regarding your tattoo please contact the shop